ENT Associates of San Diego has been practicing in San Diego for 30 years.
Our physicians have special training for diagnosing and managing diseases of the ears, nose, and throat.
ENT Associates of San Diego
Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialists in San Diego
ENT physicians have special training for diagnosing and managing diseases of the ears and hearing, nose and sinuses, larynx and voice, and pharynx and esophagus including swallowing disorders as well as the structures of the face and neck, including the thyroid, parathyroids and salivary glands.
What Is Otolaryngology?
Otolaryngology is one of the oldest surgical specialties in the United States. Otolaryngologists are frequently referred to as ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) specialists because of the training received specifically for diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, and throat as well as structures of the head and neck.
Otolaryngologists are also trained in subspecialties like allergies, facial and reconstructive surgery, head and neck, laryngology (related to the voice box), otology and neurotology (related to ear issues), and pediatric ENT.
When Should I See an ENT Specialist?
Our ears, nose, and throat are sensory organs that are vital to our everyday lives. ENT issues can make it more difficult to perform daily activities like eating, light housekeeping, and driving.
You should see an ENT specialist if you experience the following symptoms:
- Partial or full hearing loss in one or both ears
- Runny nose, drainage down the back of the throat, stuffy or congested nose, difficulty breathing, pain in between your eyes, swelling around the nose (sinusitis)
- Sneezing, itchy nose, watery eyes, itching on the roof of your mouth, cough (allergic rhinitis)
- Sweaty skin, fast palpitations, restlessness or poor sleep, frequent bowel movements (thyroid nodules)
- Earache, headache, coughing, fever, loss or changes to your voice (tonsilitis)
- Loud snoring, gasping for air during sleep, waking up with a dry mouth, moments where another person notices you stop breathing during your sleep, morning headache, insomnia (sleep apnea)
If you experience any of these symptoms, schedule a consultation at ENT Associates of San Diego. It is very important to check if symptoms are being caused by infections or tumors present in the head or neck. This will also help determine if the symptoms you are experiencing are related to neurological or ophthalmological conditions rather than ENT conditions.
Conditions We Treat
Ears & Hearing
- Bell’s palsy
- Blocked ears
- Ear drainage
- Ear infections
- Ear wax
- Eardrum perforation
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
- Facial nerve paralysis
- Hearing loss
- Itchy ears
- Meniere’s disease
- Otitis externa
- Sudden sensorineural hearing loss
- Surfer’s ear
Nose & Sinus
- Nasal allergies
- Nasal obstruction
Throat & Neck
- Facial and neck masses and tumors
- Head and neck cancer
- Salivary gland infections and tumors
- Thyroid nodules and masses
- Ankyloglossia (Tongue-Tie)
- Ear infections
- Hearing loss
- Nasal congestion
Voice and Swallowing
- Chronic hoarseness
- Difficulty swallowing
- Reflux (laryngopharyngeal and gastroesophageal)
- Sore throat
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Vocal cord lesions (benign and malignant)
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Zenker’s diverticulum
Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea